The Curriculum at St Felix
At St Felix these are our curriculum drivers underpinned by our Catholic faith. Our intent is that our pupils should be made aware of the many opportunities that exist for them in the modern world and aspire to fulfil their dreams through hard work and a realisation that we are all part of a global family which brings with it both rights and responsibilities. Our curriculum demonstrates that pupils regardless of background, gender or disability have a role to play and a story to tell which is worth hearing.
Our intent is to provide a curriculum where knowledge is valued and specified, taught to be remembered and coherently sequenced. The curriculum is implemented through well-planned lessons with effectively designed tasks focused on tight learning objectives informed by cognitive load theory. The school accesses external curriculum materials from the Primary Knowledge Curriculum for Science, History, Geography and Art, CUSP for English, Sing Up for Music, Kapow for DT, Ten Ten Life to the Full for RSE and White Rose Maths Hub for Maths.
The impact of our curriculum is measured through national assessments at the end of each Key Stage, the Phonics Screening Check in Year 1 and the Multiplication Tables Check in Year 4. These measure the core subjects of Maths and English. All subjects including RE and Science are measured termly, based on teacher judgements. These outcomes are used alongside pupil's own perceptions of their learning to evaluate the effectiveness of our curriculum offer. These show us that the majority of pupils attain well at St Felix and more importantly that they enjoy learning a broad and balanced curriculum, taking responsibility for themselves and the environment and recognising they are part of God's family.
- EYFS - Curriculum Map Ourselves - Autumn
- EYFS - Curriculum Map Growing and Changing - Spring
- EYFS - Curriculum Map Under The Sea - Summer
- KS1 - Curriculum Map 5 A Day - Autumn
- KS1 - Curriculum Map Flying High - Spring
- KS1 - Curriculum Map Out and About - Spring
- KS1 - Curriculum Map Tales from around the World - Summer
- LKS2 - Curriculum Map Anglo Saxons - Autumn
- LKS2 - Curriculum Map Amazing Africa - Spring
- LKS2 - Curriculum Map Egyptians - Summer
- UKS2 - Curriculum Map Antarctica - Autumn
- UKS2 - Curriculum Map Ancient Civilisations - Spring
- UKS2 - Curriculum Map South America - Summer
Long Term Planning
Our planning follows a 2-year rolling programme. Year A is 2022-23 and Year B is 2023-24
- EYFS Curriculum
- Key Stage 1 Curriculum Year A
- Lower Key Stage 2 Curriculum Year A
- Upper Key Stage 2 Curriculum Year A
Primary Knowledge Curriculum: https://www.primaryknowledgecurriculum.org/our-knowlege-rich-curriculum/
White Rose Maths Hub: https://whiterosemaths.com/advice-and-guidance
Sing Up: https://www.singup.org/
Ten Ten Life to the Full Resources: https://www.tentenresources.co.uk/life-to-the-full-catholic-landing-page/
For further information regarding the curriculum our school is following please email or telephone the main school office using the number or email address detailed below. Our office staff will be happy to assist you with any queries you may have.
T: 01440 703775