Snow and Bad Weather Information
- Where there is a danger due to severe weather conditions to the pupils and/or staff at school, or in journeys to and from school, it may be necessary to close the school.
- The final decision to open/close the school in the event of severe weather will be taken by the headteacher, after consultation with the chair of governors. If the headteacher is not available to make that decision, the deputy headteacher will decide in consultation with the chair of governors.
- Staff and parents will be contacted by email if the school is going to close or reopen.
- Information will also be put on the home page of the school website stfelixhaverhill.com and the local authority website schoolclosures.suffolk.gov.uk
- Information can also be heard on the local radio station (i.e. BBC Radio Suffolk).
- The situation will be assessed daily, with parents and staff kept informed of the situation.