The School Mission Statement
“As true followers of Jesus learning together, our school strives to be a community where everyone is valued, nurtured and encouraged to reach their full potential and where Christ’s teaching guides responsible attitudes towards each other and the wider world.”
The family of St Felix is one in which everyone is given the opportunity to live and learn in a Catholic Community. Each person is encouraged to grow in faith and explore their relationship with God and each other. Christian beliefs and values are experienced as an essential and relevant part of everyday life. Within this context we value and improve each other’s individual talents and achievements. This enables us to contribute to the life of the Parish and the wider community, and become more responsible and effective Christians.
To Remain Faithful to Our Mission We Aim To:
- provide the opportunity to live and learn in a Catholic community.
- grow in faith and explore our relationship with God and with each other.
- recognise our own God-given worth and the unique value of others, whilst respecting differences.
- strengthen our shared faith with our parish and other Catholic schools in our Deanery.
- encourage links with the wider community in which we live, developing an appreciation and respect for other faiths and cultures.
- encourage the shared responsibility of home, school and parish.
- support and encourage each other to develop and grow to our full potential.
- provide a broad, balanced and relevant education.
- strive for academic improvement and excellence, achieving the very best.
- foster understanding and enjoyment of the world in which we live.
- develop creative and aesthetic awareness.
- encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- value and care for all, encouraging respect for others and ourselves.
- provide a secure and positive environment where individuals develop increasing independence, and everyone’s achievements are celebrated.