Equality at St. Felix RC Primary School
St. Felix RC Primary School are exceptionally proud to be awarded with the Equalities Award in 2017, which demonstrates that we are ‘passionate about equality for all – irrespective of disability/SEND, ethnicity, faith or religion, gender and socio-economic background.’ The assessors said, “We loved reading about all the work and initiatives; the school sounds wonderfully inclusive. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you.” Our commitment to equality is further evidenced in our OFSTED report (June 2016), which outlines that we are a “fully-inclusive school”.
St. Felix RC Primary School Equality Objectives
- To ensure that all learners have equal access to a rich, broad, balanced curriculum, and that all future curriculum reviews hold this policy and access to this policy as central.
- To advance equality of opportunity by ensuring teaching, learning and the curriculum that promotes equality, celebrates diversity and promotes community cohesion with the Parish and with the wider community.
- To eliminate any discrimination, harassment and victimisation. To ensure that no-one is unfairly or illegally disadvantaged as a consequence of their age, disability, gender, gender identity or religious beliefs.
- To recognise and celebrate diversity within our school community, Parish and the wider community to promote community cohesion.
- To ensure this policy is applied to every aspect of school life.
- To ensure that pupils and parents are fully involved and understand the provision made by the school.
- To ensure that within the school budget, adequate funding is provided to underpin this policy and that intervention, positive and preventative action is funded where necessary.